Thursday, June 29, 2017

Making a page graphic or a banner like mine

I talked about my love for colour lovers the other day, but I realized something. I never explained how I make banners for my blog, Pinterest pins, or even my stock photos. Without further ado I will give a crash course in how to make your own photos.

Step 1: Figure out what kind of graphic you're going to need.
If you want to put a banner a header at the top of your recent blog, or maybe some informational picture, or even a collage. It's good to know what you want before hand. Once you have an idea go to Canva, and find the correct template that you need. For this example, I'm going to use the photo collage template

Step 2: Figure out how you're going to layout photos.
They have free layouts for you to choose, or you can always make your own with the grids frames and shapes. But because this is an example I'm using one of their layouts. Knowing what layout you're going to use beforehand gives you an idea how many photos you're going to need. I'm going to need 4 photos for my college.

Step 3: Picture round up
If you're using your own personal photos upload them to Canva, but if you're looking for stock photos I suggest pixabay and pexels because most of the photos on the sites have no attribution required.
I selected the four photos I thought would look good for my college.

Step 4: Placing the new photos in the collage
After you upload your photos, put the photos where you want to in your college. It can be any of the spaces that they have. Just slide it over and it replaces whatever photo was before it. You could very well be done with the art if you wanted to be. But I do suggest to do the next few steps that are optional, but they will make your graphic stand out.
Step 5: Time to edit
There is ways to edit your photos a little bit on Canva, the filter bar is a great place to start. Make sure that you keep all of the filters uniform, I decided to use the rosy filter for my photos to give them all the same look. At this time feel free to change your wording, the wording location, and the font if they need to be changed. You can even change your background!

Step 6: Adding all the other elements you want
If there's something else you want to add feel free to do that now. You don't have to do anything else if you don't want to, but giving your project more uniqueness is fine. I went with a pink banner around my photos and a white stripe for the frame. Be creative. Have fun.

Now that you have your graphic done. It's time for a few tips.

  • If you're a newbie to graphics in general Canva has tutorials to teach you everything you need to know.
  • It's okay to not be happy with a graphic. Be a perfectionist if you want to.
  • Start slowly
  • If it's not fun don't do it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment