Monday, May 15, 2017

Heath Updates

Black and White Blood Pressure Kit
I've tried to be as transparent as possible with my journey through the unknown with my health, and I'm on a new leg of my journey since my last appointment with my rheumatologist, as of right now I'm discharged from the practice, until further notice. No, I didn't cause a problem, it's my blood that caused issues.

As of right now, my ANA is a homogenous 1:160 or what they like to call a borderline positive result, which was just labeled as a false positive. While I was excited about the news I was given because I didn't like the whole idea of having lupus or anything else. But at the same time, I didn't like that I didn't know what was wrong with me.

I went to my MyLupus page and journeyed about my journey with being discharged from the practice as of right now. Little did I know that this is just the first leg of my journey, 1:160 isn't usually a false positive, but just the start of many other appointments. Most people don't get a diagnosis of lupus until their organs, tissue, or body is being attacked, which mine isn't right at this moment. They also told me that it'll take at least a good 3 to 5 years to properly get diagnosed, and told to go to a different doctor. I agree I'm not going back to him.

What I am doing tomorrow is going to an appointment with my nurse practitioner, to see what she can do. The last few days I've been achy, and my lymph node in my neck have been hurting. While I don't know if its related to my health issues, I just want help and to figure out what step to go next. While some days it feels like a chore to keep my head above water, I try to keep positive.

I also have to get some more bloodwork done for my thyroid, and a 48 halter monitor, because of my heart rate the way it has been lately. I think the last few times I went it was in the 130's which really c could just be nerves or something else, I guess only time will tell. 

No comments:

Post a Comment