Wednesday, April 5, 2017

Freya quit putting your toys in the water!

Ms. Trouble herself

It's Wednesday, and we all know what that means. It's time to talk about my cute kitten Freya. Freya the diva, and the cat that has to be the center of attention. That's why I dedicated time to her every week. If she was a human I'm sure she'd be writing her own blog, or having someone write it for her.

Mrs. Diva has a new habit. She loves putting everything she has into her water. It was the first time I ever had a cat do something that strange. Imagine going to the kitchen and you find water on the floor for the third time that day, because your cat put their toy in their water dish, just to knock the dish over and pull the toy back out.

I took to Google like a hawk, and read phrases about cats downing toys, to cats putting toys into their water dish. At least I knew I wasn't alone when it came to my cat. Upon further research I learned that cats in the wild take their food and stuff back to the den, because it's their territory,. The water and food dishes are the indoor cat's teritory, so they put the toy or whatever it may be in to a safe place, like their water bowl.

Another possibility since nobody really knows why cats do it is a lot like other animals do, they have their own little "collection" so to speak. The bowl is just that place where cats want to keep their stuff.

I can say that Freya isn't happy when I have to take her toys out of the water bowl and then clean up the water that she knocked over. I know if she were able to speak she'd yell at me for doing it. Sigh! At least I do have a little bit of an answer why she does what she does. 

No comments:

Post a Comment