Saturday, April 29, 2017

6 things I learned about dry shampoo

 images adam adam sandler madison sandler GIF


As promised I came back to update on the dry shampoo. I've done a lot of things to test how well it works with my hair, and what it can do. I may have a slight love for shampoo all together but, baby it's worth it to make your hair feel and smell great.


1. Dry shampoo dates back to the 1700's

I did my research to find that dry shampoo can trace its roots back to the 1700's. They had a dry powder spray that people sprayed on to their wigs to deodorize them. The dry shampoo also changed the color of the wigs as well. 


2. You can remove the shine from wigs with dry shampoo. 

I like wigs, but don't have many of my own yet, but I was curious if somebody could use dry shampoo for their wigs. The answer is yes, what it's used for is to remove the shine from someone's wig rather than clean it.

3. Do not use it every day

While yes dry shampoo may remove oil from your hair, you actually need a little bit of oil to keep your hair healthy. Just like showering you don't need to use the dry shampoo all the time. You should only use it if you're in a hurry. 

4. Do not use dry shampoo on wet hair. 

I know it shouldn't be much of a shocker to not use dry shampoo on wet hair, but spraying it on your wet hair doesn't do anything, and it really serves no need at all to spray it.

5. You can still style your hair normally. 


The last few days, I've been doing a modified space bun, like I've seen on YouTube, modified buns take some hair spray, hair ties, and bobby pins. I was sure that the dry shampoo when I was done with my hair during the day wouldn't even effect the hair spray for whatever reason. When actually it did. I almost forgot that I had hair spray in my hair. 

6. It does not help with dandruff
I have a nasty problem with dandruff, and while I was attempting my dry shampooing, my dandruff reemerged, and now my hair looks like its winter time and my dark clothes have tons of little specks on them. If you have dandruff, do not think that using dry shampoo is going to help with it at all. 

No comments:

Post a Comment