Monday, March 20, 2017

Word of the day: corrosion

Image result for corrosion photos
Image source: the balance
Because I've been failing at my monthly book goals, I've been failing horribly, I have a new goal. It's to help me as a writer, and help with reading. I'm going to give myself and everyone who reads this blog, a word of the day, or at least try to. The word of the day may be a common word, or it could be something a bit obscure. To know a word, it's synonyms, and how to properly use it in a sentence helps people and boosts I.Q. or so I've heard. 
Corrosion noun the 1. process of corroding metal, stone, or other materials. 2. Damage done by corroding. 
Rust is an example of corrosion. I'm not too happy about the definition. Because it's pretty vague, corroding seemed like one of those pretty obvious things that happened with corrosion. I did know what corrosion was before I started, I just didn't like the definition, and this word was one I randomly picked.

Corrosion in a sentence: I threw away a box of screws because of too much corrosion. 

No comments:

Post a Comment