Friday, March 24, 2017

Good thing #9: nerd!


via GIPHY
My good thing for today is kind of weird, I never really saw it as a good thing, just one of my positive points that come with autism. I'm one of those people that can figure out technology without instructions. It might take a few minutes to understand what I'm looking at, but for the most part, I'm good with it.

I didn't realize that I was actually good with technology until I was pregnant with my now 4 1/2-year-old. I was visiting my parents for a few days, and my sister brought her laptop in to get fixed, mine wasn't acting right, I had to format my computer a few weeks ago, and wondered why on earth it wouldn't work. The guy at the computer place my sister got her computer from was flirting heavily with me about Diablo, and since I wasn't paying to get my computer fixed or paying the bench fee for the computer things didn't go well.

Back at my mom's place, my sister was talking to Dell, and I was trying to figure out why my computer wasn't working. That's when the Dell guy says to her, "You sister sounds tech savvy." The thing I totally forgot to do with my laptop should have been the first thing that came to my mind, he said to her to tell me to check the hardware because after reinstalling drivers from the disks they're not up to date *duh* then he asked how on earth I was able to play World of Warcraft with my computer. That I still can't answer it's specced for WoW were awful.

I'm okay to admit that I have a nerdy side. Now that things have gotten more complicated, I do have problems every now and then and do call for help, but that's usually just with the PS4, or the XBox because they're not really my mode of technology. But for the most part, I got it,


No comments:

Post a Comment