Saturday, March 11, 2017

For the power of baking soda

We underestimate what a $0.98 box of baking soda can do. For example, just recently I had an online friend tell me that her son uses Apple Cider Vinegar and Baking soda on his hair instead of shampoo and conditioner. I've heard of people using apple cider vinegar more times than I could count but using baking soda it was new to me.

Just recently I was put to the challenge by Simple Solutions to learn about baking soda, and learn about how wonderful it really is. I like a lot of people already know that baking soda is used for exactly what it's name implies it's something to bake with, and because of having Arm & Hammer Cat litter I knew it was great for neutralizing smells. We all grew up with our mom's having an open box of baking soda in the fridge to get rid of the smell. 

So what are some other amazing things to do with baking soda? 


5 nifty baking soda hacks
    • Acid reflux: Put 1/2 teaspoon of baking soda in with 2tbs of apple cider vinegar or lemon juice. 
    • Cleaning of sponges: Sprinkle baking soda on your sponge and wipe it off with a scouring pad, or a wet sponge. 
    • Anti-itch cream: Add 2 teaspoons of baking soda followed by adding water to make a paste out of the baking soda, and apply to the place that's itchy. 
    • Rebalancing your PH levels: Baking soda can help with bladder infections, add one teaspoon of baking soda to your water or drink to help with keeping bladder infections away.
    • Scalp Detox: 2 table spoons of olive oil, 1/4 teaspoon of cinnamon, and 1 teaspoon of baking soda. Put the mixture on your scalp and let it set for 10-15 minutes then rinse the product out.

About the cute canister that has my baking soda in it.

You're probably still looking at my most amazing little shaker for baking soda, wishing you had one too. While I got mine from simple solutions making one of these things at home wouldn't be tough to do at all. In all honesty, the container that I have is almost like a Parmesan Cheese container. When you're done with your parmesan cheese, add the baking soda to the container, might I suggest to label the container, because if you don't you'll end up trying to put baking soda on your food. Baking soda is safe to eat, but it won't taste that good being put on someone's potato or their pasta. 

Science experiments??

I attempted to try that thing that they have online, the vinegar and baking soda instead of helium. It doesn't work at all. I have seen people make what they call film canister rockets, by putting baking soda in a piece of toilet paper then filling the canister with vinegar.


If you're still wanting something to do with baking soda to help your kids with school science projects there are so many things to do with your baking soda and vinegar. Check google for some of the ideas if you're curious about baking soda yourself.

I received this product free, for my honest opinion and ideas.

No comments:

Post a Comment