Thursday, March 2, 2017

Day one of good things about me: Thrifty Thrifty Thrifty

Day 1: I am very thrifty 
I love being thrifty, it's one of my favorite things to do. Learning how to save money is something that makes me happy. If I could go through life without spending anything on stuff again I would. I don't want to be like one of those extreme cheapskates on TV. I'll save money and learn some tricks, but I know my limits if it makes sense. 

Some of the things I like to do to save money are: 
    • Couponing: I'm getting back into the whole coupon thing. And because I'm getting back into it, I don't have more than one copy of coupons yet, because I'm still learning everything again. Being away for 4 years, things have changed. I want a stock pile but I have to remember everything coupon wise. Since I'm still beginning, I was lucky a few weeks ago to only pay, $10 for the stuff below. I know it's not 100% savings, or close but getting closer is what matters most. 
    • Looking at freebies online: There's a list of sites that I can give out that offer freebies, I won't even list them all, but I do look for freebies as often as I can. People spend money on magazines, and I don't remember the last time I bought a magazine. 
    • Product reviews: Not so much anymore because Amazon doesn't really allow many reviews but when they did, it was what kept me saving money, and doing what I really really loved. I love writing and blogging, and talking about stuff. Really I do. 
    • Survey's: All of what I bought above is from money from survey's. I can make about $100, on stuff I want or like (and I've decided to buy me a new computer with survey money). All you need to do is learn what sites make the best money and how to take surveys.
    • Learning Short cuts to things: I watched those cheapskate shows and learned things like how to make my own deodorant and how to reuse toilet paper rolls for other things. My favorite idea is using little slivers of soap in pantyhose. I won't go to the extremes those people did, like putting green carpet down on my lawn to simulate grass, but for the most part I'm cool with a lot of short cuts. 
While that mostly covers it, I do like learning new ways to be thrifty if I can.  

No comments:

Post a Comment