Saturday, February 4, 2017

What they don't tell you about retinol cream may shock you.


It's been two weeks and I have met the dreaded two-week breakout. The two-week dreaded breakout is as bad as it sounds, two weeks into using retinol and my is broke out, I have tons of little blackheads, and pimples everywhere! Because I am me, I freaked out expecting the worst. Thinking maybe my retinol cream sucked. That was exactly my thought.

I went to Google learned a bit about the breakout thinking that it was the stuff I was using caused an allergic reaction and my skin hated it or that possibly my stuff was cheap and didn't work the way it should have. What I learned was valuable.

Retinol does exfoliate your skin, and what I learned, our skin renews itself every 28 days. Retinol is an accelerator, in a sense, if you have something going on such as a pimple or a blackhead you're going to get them sooner.
Eventually, your pimples go away, but that doesn't mean that you can't use something else to help with the pimples in the mean time. While I know I should have been using the rest of my regimen as well, I did decide to see how well the cream worked alone, so I didn't give any misinformation about retinol.

With that said, my two-week study is now going to become a one month, or possibly a two-month
study on retinol creams
My pimples

No comments:

Post a Comment